Oppo A31 is a budget phone launched by the company. The phone has faster performance thanks to a 2.3Ghz Octa-Core Processor, ensuring multitasking happens in a breeze.
- 12+2+2MP triple rear camera (12MP main camera+2MP macro lens+2MP depth camera) with Portrait bokeh, macro lens, dazzle color mode, AI beautification | 8MP front camera. OTG : Supported NFC : No
- 16.5 centimeters (6.5-inch) waterdrop multi touch screen with an 89% screen to body ratio | 1600 x 720 pixels resolution, 269 ppi pixel density
- Memory, Storage & SIM: 6GB RAM | 128GB internal memory expandable up to 256GB | Dual SIM (nano+nano) dual-standby (4G+4G)
- Android Pie v9.0 based on ColorOS 6.1 operating system with 2.3GHz Mediatek 6765 octa core processor, IMG GE8320
- 4230mAH lithium-polymer battery providing talk-time of 45 hours and standby time of 450 hours
Last update on: 18:15 PM, 30 May 2023 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
In the Box:
The phone comes in a simple box with minimal details. Box also states the SAR value as 1.107W/kg for the Head and 0.532W/kg for the Body. Let’s see what you will be getting in the box:
- Oppo A3
- 1 Transparent Back Cover
- Sim Ejector Tool
- 10W Charging Charger
- Micro USB Cable
- User Manual
The phone has a dimension of 6.45 x 2.97 x 0.33 and weighs 180 grams. And this phone carries a 20:9 display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection on the front.
It comes with a triple AI Camera Layout on the back and a Nano-Waterdrop front camera, making it a modern design.
The phone comes with Water Drop Notch IPS LCD Display on the front with 270 PPI (pixels per inch). The display size is 6.5 inches long with a screen-to-body ratio of approx. 82.4%. Its an HD+ 720×1600 display with a viewing ratio of 20:9. It has a standard screen refresh rate of 60Hz.
OPPO A31 offers slim bezels on the top and sides; however, there is a thick bottom bezel onboard.
The phone houses three camera setups powered with AI. The main camera is handy with 12 MP sensor that captures excellent light making it best for day-to-day purposes.
For DSLR like portrait photos, the phone comes with 2MP Depth Sensors, which refines edge detection. And 3rd camera sensor is 2MP Macro Lens, which will help you take real close-up images with great clarity.
Main Sensor: 12 MP, f/1.8, (wide), 1/2.86″, 1.25µm, PDAF
Depth Sensor for Portraits: 2 MP, f/2.4
Macro lens: 2 MP, f/2.4
There is a DUAL LED flash helping you brighten up the scene for night captures. For video recording, the camera can record up to 1080p@30fps and 720p@30fps with Digital image stabilization.
The front camera comes with an 8MP sensor, which captures crisp, sharp photos. It also has AI portrait features for DSLR like effect.
Selfie Camera: 8 MP, f/2.2
Video recording from the front camera supports up to 1080P@30fps,720P@30fps.
Oppo A31 provides faster performance with an octa-core processor with a long-lasting battery, which offers 14 hours of online video streaming and 7 hours of online gaming.
GeekBench: 157 (single core), 888 (multi-core)
GFXBench: 7.2fps (ES 3.0 onscreen)
The benchmark results look decent for an entry-level phone. It’s very much made for handling multitasking.
Hardware & Software
OPPO A31 runs on Android 9 with a custom SKIN of Oppo’s Colors 6.1. For a budget segment, the phone packs decent hardware for better multitasking. The chipset provided is MediaTek Helio P35 (MT6765) (12nm), an Octa-Core processor. The gaming department is taken care of by PowerVR GE8320 GPU. Here is a few more information about Oppo A31.
RAM: 4GB / 6GB
Storage: 64GB / 128GB
Battery: 4230mAh, non-removable, Li-Po battery. The minimum capacity is 4100mAh.
Charger: 10W Standard Charger
- Fingerprint sensor (on the back)
- Proximity sensor
- Ambient light sensor
Good & Bad:
- OPPO A31 has a massive battery that can last for a day or two, depending on usage.
- 3-Card Slot is available only: Dual Nano Sim Slot with expandable storage via a microSD card (up to 256GB)
- Faster Face unlocking
- Headphone jack 3.5mm, which is rare in today’s market.
- HD+ display: You do not get a full HD display
- Absence of fast charging feature
- Preloaded Apps (Bloatware)
- No in-display fingerprint reader
|Value for Money||7|
Overall, looking at all the parameters, it fits right for the budget entry. The phone back finishes showcase premium looks, and the display cut makes it look industry standard.
Battery capacity coupled with higher RAM is the stand out feature for the phone. Processors can handle light multitasking; however, they may struggle to limit heavy performance endurance tasks.
Users who are looking for a good camera and less heavy tasks can go for it. The software update has been slow. However, there would likely be an Android ten update with ColorOS 7 to enhance the phone with all-new features.
Which country made Oppo A31?
Even though OPPO is a Chinese brand, the phone is manufactured in India under OPPO Mobiles India Private Ltd., located in Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh.
How to switch off Oppo A31?
Unlike other phones, switching off Oppo A31 is different because of the UI.
- Long press the power button on the right side of the phone.
- Hold for more than 2 secs (Ignore Pop-up which states, “Turn on press and hold the power button to wake Google Assistant)
- Once you passed that screen, you will be displayed with 3 Icons, i.e., Green for restart, white interactive button, and Red for switch off.
- To switch off, Slide down the white switch to the red icon.
- Waiting for few seconds, it will be turned off.
How to take a Screenshot in Oppo A31 Mobile?
Screenshot can be taken in two ways
- Press and hold the volume down button and power button together.
- The easiest way is the Three-finger swipe from the top to the down button of the screen.