Hello friends, if you are an iPhone user and are concerned about privacy, you can hide your data and apps from the home screen. Yes, you heard right. Therefore, we will guide you on how to hide apps in iPhone and how to find hidden apps in iPhone.
Do you ever feel like hiding the apps so that you could get rid of them for some time, or maybe someone else won’t be able to see them? Well, if the answer is yes, then today we are going to tell you, step by step, about how to hide apps in iPhone and also about how to find hidden apps on iPhone.
So, let’s start the article on how to hide apps in iPhones.
How to hide apps in iPhone?
There are multiple ways to hide apps on iPhone like smart suggestions, app library, iPhone search, and app folders. You can also hide apps in iPhone from app store purchase history. Here we will share all the ways which use to hide apps in iPhone.
Smart suggestions: It is one of the best features on iOS 14. Based on your usage patterns, Siri’s intelligence suggests those apps which are used frequently. The app is still present on the phone, but you won’t see it in the smart suggestions anymore.
Steps to hide apps on iPhone from smart suggestions:
- Press and hold the app icon that you want to hide from suggestions.
- From the popup menu, click on ‘don’t suggest “app name”. ‘
- Another menu pops up, Tap on ‘don’t suggest “app name”‘.
App library: It is another feature present on iOS 14. You can hide the apps in app library but if you further want to hide it you have to uninstall or delete the app.
Steps to hide apps on iPhone from the app library:
- Press and hold the icon of the app that you want to hide from the app library.
- Tab on remove app from the popup menu.
- From the second popup menu, click on “move to app library”.
App folders: App folders can be created with upto 12 pages in a folder and atleast one app on each page so that the app you want to hide, is not found.
Steps to hide apps on iPhone from app folders:
- Use an already created folder, that you don’t use much, or create a new one.
- Press and hold any app icon until the action menu appears and tap on the edit home screen.
- Drag the app you want to hide into the folder.
- To hide it more safely, draw the app on the second page of the folder, so even if you open the folder, you don’t see the app in the first place.
iPhone search: For someone to snoop, it won’t be difficult to find the hidden apps if they are present in your search history. So it’s better if you hide it from iPhone search as well.
Steps to hide apps in iPhone from iPhone search history:
- Open settings and tap on Siri and search.
- Scroll down and select the app you want to hide.
- Turn off all the options like learn from this app, suggest an app, show content in search, show the app in search.
Besides the above-stated steps, you can also hide apps on your iPhones from the app store purchase history. In case you have family sharing enabled, and you want to hide the apps you have purchased or downloaded, you can do it too.
Steps to how to hide apps in iPhone from app store purchase history:
- Open the app store.
- In the upper right corner, tap on your profile icon.
- Type on purchase and find the app you want to hide.
- Swipe left and tap on hiding.
- Repeat these steps if you want to hide more apps.
- Once finished, tap done on the upper right corner of your mobile screen.
Note: Please note that this method does not delete or hide the app from your iPhone. It only hide it from the app store purchase section.
To view your hidden app purchases, follow the given steps:
- Open the app store and click on the profile icon in the upper right corner of your mobile screen.
- Tap on your Apple ID. You might be needed to enter the password or use the biometrics for recognition.
- Tap hidden purchases and see them.
Now that the pre-installed apps can be deleted too but not all. For this, press and hold the app icon you want to delete, and then click on delete app from the popup menu. But if ‘delete app’ doesn’t come, then the app can’t be deleted.
Also Read: How To Hide Apps In Realme?
How to find hidden apps on iPhone?
Once you are done with hiding the app, you might need to use it sometimes. In that case, you can follow the following steps to find hidden apps on iPhone.
If you haven’t hidden the app from your iPhone search, then you can simply search it quickly by just typing the name of the app that you want to use in the search engine. Also, if you hide ios games, then you can easily find them through this method.
Steps to find hidden apps on iPhone:
- Swipe down from the home screen to open the search engine.
- Write the full name of the app you want to open
- The app would be the first result in the search engine if you have correctly typed the name.
- If the app is in the app folder, the name of the folder itself will appear, instead of the app.
- Tap on the app folder to find and open the app.
- If you don’t have the app, you can Tab on view to download it from the app store.
- If you can’t find the app, check for the spelling of the app that you have typed.
Also Read: How to Hide Apps in Samsung?
Sometimes we tend to use some apps too much and waste a lot of time and energy on them. Also, since anyone can snoop through your phone, if it’s unlocked, you might need to hide some apps to protect your privacy.
This was all about how to hide phones on iPhones and how to find the hidden apps on iPhones. We hope that it was helpful to you and that now you know how you can protect your privacy as well as manage your time and energy in an efficient way.
If you like this article, then do comment and follow us on social media.
Heartfelt thanks for reading!